The range of Christian thinking on origins is extremely broad so inclusion of a link does not reflect endorsement of a viewpoint. As a matter of full disclosure I have some sympathy with ID but my current tilt is toward evolutionary theism — my opinion is that modern creationist biblical literalism is indefensible and also that the case for ID is very easy to overstate.
You will need to make up your own mind.
If you have a constructive suggestion for something to add, feel free to email me using the address at the bottom of the about page.
- A Brief History of Time : From The Big Bang to Black Holes / Stephen W. Hawking Toronto ; New York : Bantam Books, 1988.
- Einstein Online / Decent basic primer for Special and General Relativity which are ideas that need to be engaged if you are going to think about time.
- Rare Earth : Why Complex Life Is Uncommon in The Universe / Peter Ward, Donald Brownlee. New York : Copernicus, 2000, ISBN: 0387987010
Theistic Evolution or Evolutionary Theism:
- The Biologos Forum / The BioLogos Foundation, San Diego, CA — BioLogos YouTube Channel
- Brown University Evolution Resources / Kenneth R Miller
- The Language of God : a Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief / Francis S. Collins. Waterville, Me. : Wheeler Pub., 2007. ISBN: 9781597224192
- Finding Darwin’s God : a Scientist’s Search for Common Ground Between God and Evolution / Kenneth R. Miller. Published, New York: Harper Collins, 2002.
- Center for Science & Culture / Discovery Institute, Washington DC; sponsor of Faith and Evolution and intelligent design.org
- access research network / Colorado Springs, CO
- Intelligent design: The Bridge between Science & Theology / William A. Dembski. Published: Downers Grove, Ill. : InterVarsity Press, 1999.
- Darwin on trial, 2nd ed. / Phillip E. Johnson. Published, Downers Grove, Ill. : InterVarsity Press, 1993.
- Darwin’s Black Box : the Biochemical Challenge to Evolution, 10th Anniversary ed. / Michael J. Behe. Published, New York, Free Press, 2006.
Creationism (by which I mean some form of modern biblical literalism):
- Concordism – Reasons to Believe / Hugh Ross, et. al.
- Young Earth – Answers in Genesis / Ken Ham, et. al.
- Creationism and the Early Church / Robert I Bradshaw, version 2.0, January 25, 1999.
- SixDay Science. Which seems concordist but does not fit tidily into either the ID or creationist category. What is intriguing to be about the site is that major contributor is an research scientist in astrophysics who started out as an atheist.
- The Creationists: from Scientific Creationism to Intelligent Design, by Ronald L. Numbers. Expanded ed., 1st Harvard University Press paperback. ed. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 2006. Rather, the author traces the development of creationist thinking in the modern world.
Augustine of Hippo:
- The Literal Meaning of Genesis / St. Augustine, Volume 1 & Volume 2, translated and annotated by John Hammond Taylor. New York, N.Y. : Newman Press, 1982. Volume 1 ISBN 0809103265, Volume 2 ISBN 0809103273.
- Articles on Augustine from the American Scientific Affiliation, an association of Christians in scientific disciplines.
- The Relevance of Augustine’s View of Creation Re-evaluated , Andrew J. Brown, Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith, Vol. 57, No. 2, P 134, June 2005.
- The Contemporary Relevance of Augustine’s View of Creation , Davis A. Young, Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith, Vol 40, No. 1, PP 42-45, March 1988.
- Basil, Augustine, and the Doctrine of Creation’s Functional Integrity , Howard Van Till, reprinted from Science & Christian Belief 8, No. 1 (1996): 21-38.
Resource links and articles from the American Scientific Affiliation showing the range of opinion among Christians from Young Earth Creationism through Theistic Evolution, and also articles on the Bible and science.
Roman Catholic perspectives on the creation, published in Living Tradition, A NEO-PATRISTIC RETURN TO THE FIRST FOUR DAYS OF CREATION, by Msgr. John F. McCarthy
- Part I. Response to a Form-critical Interpretation LT45, March 1993.
- Part II. The Literal Sense of Genesis 1:1-5: The First Day of Creation LT46, May 1993.
- Part III – The Days of Creation According to St. Augustine LT47, July 1993.
- Part IV. The Second Day of Creation LT48, September 1993.
- Part V. The First Four Days According to St. Thomas LT49, November 1993.
- Part VI. The Creation and Formation of the Physical Universe LT50, January 1994
- Understanding Evolution 2011 / University of California Museum of Paleontology / <http://evolution.berkeley.edu/>
- The TalkOrigins Archive / TalkOrgins Foundation
- Mark Isaak’s Home Page / Mark Isaak, a contributor at TalkOrigins
- Skhul and Qafzeh hominids – Wikipedia article about early modern human fossils found in Israel.
- Prehistoric Art Timeline – Chronological List of Dates of Paleolithic, Mesolithic, and Neolithic Culture, from the Art Encyclopedia. Not an academic source and lacks external reference links but an excellent index for locating topics of interest.
- Review and Atlas of Paleovegetation – Preliminary land ecosystem maps of the world since the Last Glacial Maximum / Oak Ridge National Laboratory / Adams J.M. & Faure H. (1997) (ed.s), QEN members.
- Before the dawn : Recovering the Lost History of Our Ancestors, by Nicholas Wade. Published, New York : Penguin Press, 2006.